Our antitrust law team regularly represents companies as parties or intervening third parties in merger control proceedings before the German Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission and coordinates merger control filings in other jurisdictions through its global network of leading law firms.
We have recently advised the following companies in the area of merger control:
- Franz Haniel & Cie. GmbH: Representation in merger control proceedings with the European Commission regarding the formation of a joint venture between Haniel’s subsidiary CWS-boco and Rentokil Initial with a view to taking over the continental european hygiene businesses of Rentokil Initial
- Franz Haniel & Cie. GmbH: Merger Control advice regarding the acquisition of Rowema, a worldwide leading manufacturer of food packaging machines. The takeover was notified in Germany and Austria
- United Internet: Merger control advice to United Internet regarding various international acquisitions, e.g. of the mobile virtual network operator Drillisch AG, the internet hosting specialist Strato AG, regarding the formation of a joint affiliate network by United Internet and Axel Springer, regarding the acquisition of an investment by Warburg Pincus in United Internet’s subsidiary 1&1 Internet, regarding the acquisition of the spanish Internet hosting provider Arsys Internet S.L. or of the polish Internet hosting market leader home.pl in phase-2 merger control proceedings
- Deutsche Telekom AG: Advise on the appeal against the clearance decision of the Federal Cartel Office regarding the takeover of Kabel B.W. by Liberty Global (Unitymedia) before the Higher Regional Court (OLG) Düsseldorf
- Advice of various companies in national and international merger control proceedings (e.g. Investment Partners on the acquisition of Evac, Industrial Maritime Chartering on the formation of a joint-venture with Zech Group, Intermediate Capital Group on the acquistion of nora systems, Oakley Capital Private Equity III on the acquisition of Career Partner Group von Apollo Education Group Inc., Virtruvian Partners on the acquisition of Technogroup IT-Service GmbH, a Cinven-portfolio-company on the acquistion of a division of Daimler, MPC Munchmeyer Petersen on the acquisition of the joint control of the Ahrenkiel Group, Seaco on the acquistion of Cronos, media-house Lensing-Wolff (Ruhr Nachrichten) on the acquisition and the sale of various press items, CDP Bharat Forge on the acquisition of a producer of forgings, Galderma (Nestlé-Group) on the acquisition of essential assets from Laboratoires Inneov, HNA Group on the acquisition of Avolon and a big medical device manufacturer as third party in a phase 2-proceeding before the European Commission.)